Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
Please read and understand the author's guidelines for the preparation manuscript. The author who submits a manuscript to the editors should comply with the author's guidelines and template. If the submitted manuscript does not comply with the guidelines or using a different format, it will be rejected by the editorial team before being reviewed. The editorial team will only accept a manuscript that meets the specified formatting requirements (downloadable at: Template and Author Guidelines). This template is designed to assist Author in preparing manuscript; it is an exact representation of the format expected by the editor. To use this template, please just Save As this MS Word file to your document, then copy and paste your document here. All papers submitted to the journal should be written in English language.
- The word limit for the submission is 6000-10000 words (Excluding of footnotes and abstract).
- The sequence of manuscripts following: Title; Abstract; Keywords; Introduction; Method (for original research articles); Main Heading Analysis; Conclusion; and References.
- Referencing style uses the Chicago Manual of Style.
Title of articles are written with Times New Roman Bold (16 pt) and preferably not more than 14 words. Author(s) name, affiliations and e-mail.
All article submissions should also include an Abstract. Abstract Explaining the aims and object of the paper. It begins with a brief discussion about background of the topic and the significant of the research. Methodology of the research should also be stated very briefly in the abstract. It ended by the research statement taken by the author and elaborates suggestions. The abstract should contain of not more than 250 words, using font Times New Roman 11, aligment: justify, line spacing single. An Abstract is not required for Comments and Book Reviews.
Keywords arranged by alphabetically and should have at least two keywords and maximum five keywords separated by a semicolon (;). Using Times New Roman 11, font style italic, alignment: justify, lowercase.
The introduction should be clear and provide the issue to be discussed in the manuscript. Before the objective, authors should provide an adequate background, and very short literature survey in order to record the existing solutions, to show which is the best of previous researches, to show the main limitation of the previous researches, to show what do you hope to achieve (to solve the limitation), and to show the scientific merit or novelties of the paper
II. Legal Material and Method
All legal materials, supporting documents and methods must be stated clearly and briefly. The method used is not limited to normative juridical method. Method other than normative juridical method should mention time and place of the research (if applicable) and the focus of the research in first part.
III. Result and Discussion
Result and discussion be written in same part. They should be presented continuously start from main result until supporting results and equipped with a discussion. Figures and Tables (if any) should be put in the same part of this section and should be activelt edited by the editors.
Conclusion and Suggestion
Conclusion should be explained clearly and concisely. Suggestion placed after conclusion contains a recommendation on the research and give possibility for future research.
For submissions to issues published from 2022 onwards, the Brawijaya Law Journal uses the Chicago Manual of Style in the References at the end of the manuscript. Cite only items that you have read and written on footnotes. Please use Reference Manager Applications like EndNote, Mendeley, Zotero, etc. Use other published articles in the same journal as models. All publications cited in the text should be included in the References section and arranged alphabetically.
The citation quick guide can be found at: http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/tools_citationguide/citation-guide-1.html
BOOK REVIEW GUIDELINES
Mandalika Law Journal : Journal of Legal Studies does not require any rigid format for conducting a book review. Reviewers should feel at liberty to approach the review in their own style with the broader aim of contextualizing the work in the literature or policy developments at the time of publication. We welcome reviews about academic books, monographs or edited volumes, policy publications, or reviews on past works that are relevant for re-engaging in theory, policy, and practice related to contemporary issues in legal scholarship.
The remainder of this document sets out some guidelines for potential book reviewers to follow in conducting a review. Word count: We prefer formats between 1000-1500 words. The review should also seek out to cover the questions listed below:
- How is the author's background and work situated in the broader field of study?
- What is the central argument of the book and how is the work timely in its theoretical or empirical engagement? Does it deliver and does it leave anything out?
- What was the methodology and factual basis of the study? Were there factual errors and oversights or faulty assumptions? We are especially interested in a close review of the sources, extent, and depth of the research.
- Who is the audience of the book?
- How is the structure, prose, length, and other aspects of the books accessibility and readability? Is it enjoyable?
- Are there unique features to the book in terms of illustrations, indexing, bibliographic or other aspects?
- Does the title capture the book's major argument?
If you would like to follow a general outline, we propose approaching the review under the following headings / sub-sections:
- Introduction: brief description of the subject, aim, and scope. Make sure to outline the central thesis of the book and the key arguments
- Situate within the broader literature both theoretically and empirically. Has this book filled a key gap and how?
- Review the components of the arguments and review the strengths and weaknesses of each of the arguments. Are there key features of the book that were particularly memorable?
- What new questions does the book raise?
Guideline for Online Submission
Author should first register as Author and/or is offered as Reviewer through the following address:
Author should fulfil the form as detail as possible where the star marked form must be entered. After all form textbox was filled, Author clicks on Register button to proceed the registration. Therefore, Author is brought to online author submission interface where Author should click on New Submission. In the Start a New Submission section, click on Click Here: to go to step one of the five-step submission process. The following are five steps in online submission process:
- Step 1 - Starting the Submission: Select the appropriate section of journal, i.e. Original Research Articles or Review Article. Thus, author must check-mark on the submission checklists.
- Step 2 - Uploading the Submission: To upload a manuscript to this journal, click Browse on the Upload submission file item and choose the manuscript document file to be submitted, then click Upload button.
- Step 3 - Entering Submission's Metadata: In this step, detail authors metadata should be entered including marked corresponding author. After that, manuscript title and abstract must be uploaded by copying the text and paste in the textbox including keywords.
- Step 4 - Uploading Supplementary Files: Supplementary file should be uploaded including Covering/Submission Letter, the proofread evidence, and Signed Copyright Transfer Agreement Form. Therefore, click on Browse button, choose the files, and then click on Upload button.
- Step 5 - Confirming the Submission: Author should final check the uploaded manuscript documents in this step. To submit the manuscript to Brawijaya Law Journal, click Finish Submission button after the documents is true. The corresponding author or the principal contact will receive an acknowledgement by email and will be able to view the submission's progress through the editorial process by logging in to the journal web address site.
After this submission, Authors who submit the manuscript will get a confirmation email about the submission. Therefore, Authors are able to track their submission status at any time by logging in to the online submission interface. The submission tracking includes the status of manuscript review and editorial process.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- The journal holds the copyright for each article published with work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY NC) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- Authors must agree to the copyright transfer agreement by checking the Copyright Notice column at the initial stage when submitting the article.
Privacy StatementThe names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.